Flames of War Canada
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum Rules...Not Yet

3 posters

Go down

Forum Rules...Not Yet Empty Forum Rules...Not Yet

Post by admin Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:24 am

We don't really have any forum rules, but as we get more and more people involved (no one person posting more) its going to get harder and harder not to come up with rules.

Some Guidelines;

Try not to have multiple threads for the same topic.

Just posting 'LOL' is spam. I've been a moderator for many forums. And almost all of them ban spammers. In fact I think the Battlefront Forum is the only professional forum I've seen that doesn't ban spammers. But it is a poorly designed and maintained forum.

We aren't going to ban anyone for spamming, but if you don't have something constructive to say then don't post it.
So, we'll just make fun of spammers

I know a few people are posting just to get their counts up because of Shawn's contest. The idea isn't to have one or 2 people post 100 times. The idea is to get more people on the forum. its better to have 100 people making one post then 1 person posting 100 times...or 1 person posting as 2 people.

Don't have multiple accounts. If I find out you are posting as multiple accounts one of those accounts will be deleted.
Trust me there are ways I can tell. I already know one person is.

We have a few younger people on here so watch your language. Don't make me put an age limit on here. This hobby isn't adults only.

We aren't busy enough to have rules yet. But hopefully soon.
admin
admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Forum Rules...Not Yet Empty Re: Forum Rules...Not Yet

Post by Blitchga Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:07 am

Personally I wouldn't even mind banning spammers after a warning or two. Spamming just ruines forums and makes it harder to get more people engaged when they see the same thing over and over or a 14 page thread of mostly spam.

Good idea to start thinking about this for sure.

Blitchga

http://www.momentumtutoring.ca/

Back to top Go down

Post by LanceM Fri Jun 08, 2012 6:36 pm

Thanks Curtis - I try to 'pre-read' before I let Brody on - or I just tell him about what is up.
LanceM
LanceM

https://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/100776036632006/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum